Bleach is also the name of a recent anime that has come out. Bleach first started out as a manga before Noriyuki Abe decided to direct it and form it into an anime.

A 15 year old high school boy named Ichigo Kurosaki has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his encounter with Rukia Kuchiki, a Soul Reaper and member of the Soul Society. While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans, the Soul Reaper attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so that he can save his family, but Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Now a full-fledged Soul Reaper himself, Ichigo quickly learns that the world he inhabits is one full of dangerous spirits. It is now Ichigo's job to protect the innocent from Hollows and help the spirits themselves find peace, until Rukia can gain back her powers completely.

It is definitely an interesting anime. It is still in the works on being subbed and released here, but I have seen up to episode 10 and so far it is turning out to be really great. The character development of Ichigo is great. Seeing him transform from this 15 year old high school kid into a Soul Reaper and battle with various different hollows shows his great depth as a character. Each battle leaves its mark on him, and makes him stronger and more ready to face the upcoming challenges.

I recommend this anime to any interested in one that combines comedy with fighting and great character development.