As the owner of a '95 Honda del Sol Si, I offer a brief non-technical review. See above writeup for specifications.

The del Sol has to be one of the most fun-to-drive cars ever produced. Its title feature, the removeable hard top, is possibly the coolest idea in recent automotive history. If only it had sold well, there might be newer models using this feature today. The lightweight roof easily lifts off after the locks on the inside are released, then it locks easily into its storage rack in the trunk. The power rear window rolls down out of the way to allow for airflow. (That rear window comes in very handy even with the roof on.) The removeable hard top beats a ragtop for security and weatherproofing.

The del Sol is a stylish car, no doubt about it. Everyone I meet compliments its looks. Its aerodynamics are effective at keeping excessive wind out of the cabin, even at highway speeds. The two-seater cabin fits an average-sized driver and passenger very comfortably. There are storage compartments of underwhelming size behind each seat, but they will hold a few CDs and a map at least. The compartments and trunk release are lockable for when parking the car with the top off. The dash features a clever little flip-up cover for the stereo. Unfortunately, driving a del Sol will teach you not to be too dependent upon sun visors or cup holders. The trunk is big enough to store the top, a subwoofer and amp, a backpack, and a couple bags of groceries--more than enough cargo space for a sports car.

This model is mechanically much the same as a Honda Civic. In fact the 93 and 94 years were officially called the "Civic del Sol". Each trimline features a different four-cylinder engine, mine the 1.6 liter SOHC VTEC. I am more than satisfied with its power. In fact, as any ricer knows, a del Sol makes an excellent street racer with a few modifications. Like most anything Honda, the del Sol and its engines are wonderfully reliable. The S and Si versions are available with an automatic transmission, but that would defeat the purpose with this car. Get the five-speed stick.

Overall, I recommend this car highly to anyone who loves to drive and doesn't need more than the two seats. Used models are available in good shape and are much more affordable than they look. Try cars.com or ebay motors.