Perhaps not one of the stranger dreams I’ve had, but this one is weird because I remember it so distinctly.

An old friend of mine and a fellow alumnus of USF approached me about an art exhibit featuring his work on campus. This despite the fact that 1) he is not and never has been an artist and 2) he graduated about five years ago. The exhibit featured only one work of art: a waist high stack of plastic cups on a small plastic stool-sized table. They were stacked upside down and the words “Urban” and “Sprawl” in bright lowercase red and green letters were on the top two cups, though the last word was the only one visible. That was the name of the exhibit: “Urban Sprawl”.

He approached me because he wanted me to write an article about the exhibit. A significant part of the dream was me actually composing the article in my sleep. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the full text, but there was a choice sentence that went something like this: “When one views the exhibit ‘Urban Sprawl’, one feels cheated, not because the exhibit is solely a single stack of plastic cups, but that only one work of art is on display from such a promising talent.”

If someone could tell me what all this nonsense actually means, I’d be grateful.

Thank you for reading my first dream log.