8:54 pm EST

A long day at work. The number of appointments is starting to increase the closer we get to the withdrawl deadline, October 27. Everybody wants me to hold their hand while they figure out whether or not to drop one or more of their courses. At least I got a new computer, well new to me anyway, which is slightly faster and has a sound card. I'll be getting the most out of Napster while it's still up.

My peer mentor is such a useless git. One thing I want him to do and he can't even manage to get that right. So no volleyball for me and my class this year. I know the saying is "if you want something done right..." but what's the point of having an employee if you have to do everything yourself?

I'm thinking of going as Harry Potter for Halloween. The broomstick and so on are easy enough, but unless I want to be future post-pubescent Harry Potter, I'm going to have to shave. It's been so long I've forgotten what I look like without a goatee. We shall see...

A couple of months ago at the JFK exhibit in St. Petersburg, I bought this weird toy. It's like a moebius tube, filled with blue glittery liquid and little white astronauts. I've had it on my desk since then and I've absentmidedly played with it of and on since then. Tonight, it exploded all over me, my desk, and my computer. Glitter and blue juice everywhere.

After I dried off, changed, and cleaned up, I noticed that this incident prompted my keyboard to give up the ghost. It's been on its last legs for a while: the keys were worn and sluggish and it had plenty of dust and hair and such lingering in its innards. So I had to drive over to CompUSA and procure a new one. Not exactly how I imagined spending my evening. The new one works just fine, but the keys are kind of....clacky. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet.

I stopped at the library on the way home. While fishing in my pockets for my library card, I found a slip of paper with her name on it. It was my handwriting, all right, but for the life of me I can't remember when or why I wrote her full name on a piece of paper and stuck it in the pocket of these pants. It's an omen, I think.