Ah, Friday, the best day of all. Spent this lovely morning and afternoon with a machete cutting line through florida jungle. Fun fun. Actually had an interesting evening, borrowed two bucks from the roommate and headed on down to the local coffee bar to sit and write. Ended up being invited to Ybor City (party area in Tampa) by a rather gorgoeus screenplay writer I met. Her sister was down from Boston (oh Johnny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling), so we figured she deserved a show. Tahiti Joes was the first stop, they have this thing at bars down here called sink or swim, $5, all you can drink. The place was right out of Coyote Ugly-girls on the bar shaking their rumps, frustrated guys milling around, bored staffers. Our girls hop up there and start doing their thing..and I drank. And drank, and drank. And sank. Bored with that, I dragged them to a place called the Flytrap..gothic industrial, lots of Bowie, Depeche Mode and Morrissey playing. Much better scene. There is this guy that wanders around Ybor called The Senator. About 6'2", 200lbs, and he wears -only- a black thong and a girls nighty shirt. Lace to boot. Feeling rather sloshed at this time, I went up to him and asked him if he'd like to dance with our Boston girl. He agreed, and she nearly fell over. They danced though. For a while. It was a good night, actually one of the better memories I'll take with me of this place. I've decided to get over the nobody loves me bit, because, well, they don't. Pain, chaos, and confusion, guess my work here is done. It's tough sometimes being a Cancer, there's no way to turn off the feelings, the empathy, the pain. Drugs don't work, people are only distracting, and the world just keeps spinning. Guess you just have to deal, right?