On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, A 300-Earth-year-old symbiont that has had ten Trill hosts:
  1. Lela Dax, legislator and one of the first women to be named a council member.
  2. Tobin Dax, an engineer.
  3. Emony Dax, a gymnast. She once met Leonard McCoy.
  4. Audrid Dax, head of the Trill Symbiosis Commission.
  5. Torias Dax, was critially injured in a shuttle accident less than a year after joining and died after laying comotose for over six months.
  6. Joran Dax, a murderer, not listed as a host in the official records.
  7. Curzon Dax, an ambassador, officially the sixth host as Joran is not listed as a host in the records.
  8. Jadzia Dax, a science officer aboard the Deep Space 9.
  9. Verad Dax, for a couple hours, having stolen the symbiote from Jadzia. Dax was returned to Jadzia in time to save her.
  10. Ezri Dax, a counselor, also serving about Deep Space 9.

Haddock reminds me that Yedrin Dax was the host of the Dax symbiont in the alternate future in the episode Children of Time (DS9).


Dax, son of Kang, was also a Klingon. He was named after his godfather, Curzon Dax. He was killed via a genetic virus when very young. The perpetrator was an alien known as The Albino. Kang, Curzon Dax, Koloth, and Kor swore a Klingon blood oath to get revenge and later the three Klingons along with Jadzia Dax fulfilled that task. (Blood Oath (DS9))