Born in Daresbury, Cheshire, NWC England, UK as Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, he attended the University of Oxford about 18 years after that. Nobody knows why he wasn't admitted into the University at birth. (TWAJS)

His father was a clergyman, and his mother was a female. Lewis had two older sisters and eight younger brothers and sisters, poor sap. Because of this, he learned not to like babies.

In 1854 he graduated from Christ Church College in Oxford. He's famous for his study of mathematics and writing, and taught at the college after his graduation.

Oh, yeah. He wrote some books too. Nothing really important. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, Sylvie and Bruno, The Hunting of the Snark, Euclid and His Modern Rivals, Curiosa Mathematica, &c. See The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll for a full(?) list.

He had very odd eating habits: Carroll wrote to a child's mother "My dinner is about 7. My child-guest usually helps me with it (having, in fact, two dinners a day)...I have nothing more but milk, water, and biscuits" (Cohen, 292). Carroll's nephew wrote "the health appetites of his young friends filled him with horror and even alarm" (Auerbach, 38). (http://www.megabrands.com/carroll/lcbio.html)