Guerilla is the third album from Welsh indie band, the Super Furry Animals (provided you don't count the B-sides and rarities compilation 'Out Spaced', which features the song with the world record for most swear words in a single: The Man Don't Give A Fuck). It definitely ups the stakes in terms of craziness from its predecessors and confirmed their place as the second most innovative members of the British indie A-list (Radiohead being first, obviously).

The album added a definite techno element to the psychedelic drug-addled rock of its prequels. I remember at the time that I was amazed by how much airplay the main single Northern Lites was getting on Radio 1 and was excited by a possible invasion of quality music into the charts. Sadly my crazy fantasy did not come true and we still have shite like Westlife and Gareth Gates to put up with. This single remains one of my favourites and is central to my first truly drunken story (but this is not the place for such things).

Other highlights include Do or Die, Wherever I Lay My Phone (That's My Home), Fire in My Heart and Chewing Chewing Gum.

On a side note it's kinda funny now this node is already soft linked to Che Guevara the guerrilla, who features in the lyrics to Hermann Loves Pauline (on Radiator). Apparently, Hermann Einstein was an 'asthma sufferer, like Ernesto Guevara'.