Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Pancake & Waffle mix is a pancake mix whose face shows the iconic Snoqualmie Falls Lodge, (now known as the Salish Lodge and Spa) in Snoqualmie, Washington. This pancake mix is really, really good. Basically, after using it, every other form of pancake mix seems to be cut rate, "make do", flour that is only used for emergencies. Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Pancake mix has a magical combination of being extremely hearty and filling, while also being light and fluffy. The mix also has a great consistency, seemingly immune to burning, getting too runny, having pancakes that fall apart, or any other of the ills that plague the pancake making process. Eating the pancakes, it is easy to imagine that are indeed, inside a warm lodge overlooking a wintry misty waterfall. These pancakes fill your stomach and fill your soul. Despite its premium quality, it is only slightly more expensive than run of the mill pancake mix, which is, of course, usually very cheap.

Strangely enough, I am unable to find any information, on either the page of the Salish Lodge & Spa, or of the makers of the Pancake & Waffle Mix, explaining the historical connection. Was this mix based on a recipe that was once served in the lodge? Presumably, that is the case, but I can find no historical record that this is the case.