In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Blind is a boss in Thieve's Town, the fourth dungeon in the dark world. Blind has an unusual lore surrounding him, which is given in the beginning of the game, and is part of a puzzle that the player must solve.

In the light world, the idyllic town of Kakariko is the home to a house that used to be the home of a thief named Blind, who we are told disliked the light. Later on, in the dark world, we visit parallel Kakariko, The Village of Outcasts, and in the same place as his house lies the dungeon. As Link works his way through the dungeon, he finds a Maiden in a prison cell, who he then rescues---but she can't go outside. And when Link goes to the boss room, it is empty.

Hmmm...

The answer is to bomb the ceiling above the boss room, letting light stream in, so that when the Maiden is brought to the boss room, she transforms into Blind, a pig/wolf hybrid with tentacle arms in a muumuu who flies around the room shooting projectiles at Link, who has to decapitate Blind three times to defeat him, with the decapitated heads flying around, continuing to shoot projectiles. Although a messy fight, it is not an extremely difficult one.

What is interesting is that the fight combines puzzle solving and story telling as aspects of the gameplay. Hints about boss weaknesses were not new to The Legend of Zelda series, as we all knew that DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE, but in this case, we build up the persona of Blind through storytelling in order to solve a puzzle. It broke the symmetry, where the boss was a static thing, found inside a room; to include that boss as part of the adventure. In retrospect, perhaps, it was neither the hardest puzzle or more engaging story-telling, but it was a sign of how Nintendo was advancing the scope of video games as new technology became available.