"Two" is the first episode of the third season of "The Twilight Zone", and was first broadcast in September of 1961. It starred Charles Bronson as an unnamed man, and Elizabeth Montgomery as an unnamed woman, with no other actors. This is one of the Twilight Zone episodes where both of the actors are household names, although at the time of broadcast, Bronson and Montgomery were not yet famous.

Much like the pilot episodes of the first two seasons of The Twilight Zone, the episode begins with a lone military serviceperson (in this case, Montgomery's "Woman") exploring a deserted location, with both the character and the viewer unaware of the circumstances, other than it being in a ruined town in the distant future. As she explores the town, Bronson's "Man" comes across her. The two are apparently soldiers of two fallen empires, hunting through a ruined city, looking for food and shelter. How long ago the war was, who it was between, and all other details are not revealed, (although it is hinted that it was a superpower conflict between the United States and USSR), only that it left the survivors exhausted and scattered. Over the episode, what looked to be a war story turns into a love story, as "Man" and "Woman" put aside their differences and learn to work together.

This was a simple story, and after the first few scenes, a predictable story, but it was well told and well acted. There is little dialogue, but Bronson and Montgomery manage to communicate their feelings through gesture and action. It was also, in terms of production values, well-done. The destroyed town was portrayed well enough that modern viewers are not required to suspend disbelief. Seeing this makes me wonder what The Twilight Zone would be like with modern production values. Also, it seems to suggest a slight turn in the thematics of The Twilight Zone as it enters its third season: while many episodes in the first two seasons focused on the intrusion of the eerie into people's normal lives, this is more of a straight Science Fiction story. From what I have seen of the third season so far, it seems that science fiction stories that focus on political and military conflict may be more of a theme.