This is my first ever daylog. I've never felt I had anything worth saying in a daylog before, but I reckon the last weekend has been eventful enough to node. That, and I'm visiting my parents, so I'm away from my friends, and I feel like talking. I guess it's not really about today. Move it or ask me to if that bothers you.

The last weekend has been pretty hectic. It started on Saturday at about 1pm, when Bob (not his real name), the guy who runs the Mission phoned to ask me to spend a few hours giving out flyers for his club. The Mission is a big rock club in Edinburgh, and Bob was offering me free entry (£5 worth) and a tenner if I helped publicise the new under-18s version of the club. I love just walking around Edinburgh, it's a beautiful city, so naturally I agreed.

That took care of the day time; I met a lot of nice kids around town. The way teenagers get really worked up about this sort of thing is great, they have so much energy. At 7, I headed down to the club, to hang about and make sure none of the kiddies did themselves any harm. It was a good laugh; some of the dj's are mates of mine, and I liked the stuff they were playing. It meant I could satisfy my craving for rock early and spend all night on the more danceable goth floor when the grown-up mission started.

In between the two clubs they shut up for an hour to clear the place up, so me and a girl called Jessie (not her real name either) decided to head off to easyEverything, where nine9 works, for a while. I like Jessie a lot, but she's a strange girl. She's one of those people who try to be as bitchy as possible, and she can be damn mean at times. I try to look beyond that sort of thing, and to me she seems very fragile. I just want to tell her that everything will be fine, and that she has nothing to worry about, but I don't know how. I'm pretty sure she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend anyway, but I think I can live with that. We have similar interests; anime, goth music, stuff like that.

When we got to easyEverything she decided that she'd like to look at Team Rocket hentai. Despite the obvious ill-advisedness of looking at porn in an internet cafe, I smiled and sat at a spare seat beside her. She had paid for the time, and if she wanted to risk being thrown out I was game. But shock and horror! The Team Rocket hentai site had been banned, and recently. Who saw that one coming, eh? She is an odd girl, this Jessie. So instead we looked at pictures of some very worrying piercings. I really don't know why anyone would want to cut their penis in half, I really don't.

We hung around for half an hour or so, somehow without attracting the attention of any staff. On the way out I saw nine9, but I've never met him IRL before, and I wasn't sure enough that it was him to start a conversation. Maybe next time. We headed back to the club, where I met up with a couple of old school friends who I hadn't seen in a while, one of whom took pictures of random people all night and nearly got into a fight or two with people who took exception to it. He's a lunatic, but a great guy. I have odd tastes in friends, I suppose. A night of merriment and dancing ensued.

Soon time to leave came, and that sucked a bit. Not because it was time to leave, but because Team-Rocket-porn girl was sitting in tears by the door. She was having man trouble; I think it was to do with a guy she's been sleeping with but isn't going out with. She wasn't particularly coherent, but I think the real reason she's so upset is that she wants more than just casual sex from him, but she isn't getting it. I feel sorry for her; it's a nasty, messy situation to be in. The worst of it for me was that there was nothing I could do to help her. I don't know her very well, and she was talking to a good friend of hers who was no doubt helping her more than I could hope to. I said a few words to her, tried to tell her she'd be alright even though she didn't think she would, and left. It hurt like hell to be so utterly impotent seeing someone I care for so unhappy.

When I saw her the next day she had completely forgotten about the state she had been in the night before. She had been extremely drunk, and was highly embarassed when I told her my friend had a photo of her in her drunken state. She was making a version of top trumps using her friends from the local goth scene, being bitchy about a couple of them in a humorous, witty manner, and flattering about others. I'm starting to understand better why I like her. I'm glad she cheered up, but I hope she sorts things out, I really do.

Today I decided to come back home to St.Andrews and see my mum for a few days, so here I am at my brother's computer at 12:45am. I love my mum. She's a great person, and I'm genuinely flattered when people tell me I'm just like her. Maybe I'll write more about her another day. Maybe on my homenode. Well, thanks for reading my daylog, and what the hell, even if noone reads it I feel better for writing it.