In the Warhammer 40k universe, Titans are monstrous humanoid war machines, each standing over 100 feet tall. They originally appeared in games workshop's Adeptus Titanicus wargame, released in the late 1980's, and have been a major feature of the various incarnations of the epic game ever since. They are one of the things which show the scale and depth of the warhammer 40k universe; they are a minor feature relative to, for example, the space marines, but still show a great deal of thought, imagination and originality. They are unique in style, and vary massively between races, some hinting at the military functionality of battlemechs, while others are closer to the futuristic technology of the typical japanese mecha, or even have a steampunk feel.

Each Titan is an awesome war machine; easily capable of levelling buildings with a single blast of its fearsome weapons, or crushing the most powerful tanks underfoot like insects. They are protected by powerful and exotic energy fields, some have advanced holographic camouflage, and all have metres of heavy armour, making them impervious to all but the heaviest fire. All of the major forces in the 40k universe have Titans of some sort, which vary widely in design philosophy and capability, from the heavy machinery of Imperial Titans to the deadly grace of the Eldar (i.e. Elf) equivalents.

See also: