This is what us Discordians call "Creative Disorder". The plan in all its glory was to head to Suomenlinna, and have some good times. It worked, and it worked well.

I had never been to the Suomenlinna before, so I was pretty much awestruck by the beautiful scenery. I mean there we were, on this ancient fort, looking at Helsinki and lots of sea (not to mention the scantily clad female sunbathers, but I digress). We invaded a quiet corner somewhere, and officially started the first official Gathering of Finnish Noders. To back us up, we had some reenforcements from the good ol' U.S of A, as Jeeves and Nikka graced us with their presence.

The weather was perfect. The Sun gave us her cancer-inducing rays in abundance, and I daresay most of us got burned. So what? We had some serious fun. As comrade CapriKorn pointed out, our drinks were warm, but somehow that only served to lift my spirits. Simppa had brought some of that dreaded Flakpanzer Fuel, Salmiakkikossu (the allure of which somehow missed Jeeves and Nikka completely, a mystery which shall remain unsolved, I guess...). At some point, Omegas presented his frisbee, which served as great amusement to the already well-intoxicated crowd (Well, I don't know about the crowd, but I sure as hell enjoyed it).

When we got back to Helsinki, Simppa led us through a maze of streets into his Rehersal "Studio". This was to be the location of the Official Jam Session. The lineup was the following:

Simppa: Saucy Keyboards
Jope: Funky Drumming
Loinen: Great Cookie Monster Vocals (I really mean it, he ruled!)
Jeeves: 6-Strings (He was the only one in any condition to play music...)
Gordian: 3-String Bass (With the E-String missing. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!)

Well, maybe we were a bit too progressive for anyones' tastes, but I hope we at least scared some grandmas and kiddies.

After the jamming, break, Card, Jope and Loinen parted company with us (They say it was because of the work in the morning, but I suspect it had something to with the music...). The rest of us headed towards Leningrad Cowboys for some food. There we had some interesting discussions about music and that sort of thing, but myself and CapriKorn were already in a hurry to catch our bus. So we marched doubletime to the Helsinki bus station, and it ended up being just a matter of seconds we actully made it (at this point I would like to say "Thank You" to Omegas for courageously jumping in front of the bus. Thankfully it stopped).

The only thing that troubled me was we never got to say goodbye to Simppa, Typo and our honored guests, so here goes: "It was really nice seeing you guys (and gal), and I hope we can do it again sometime. Thank you very much." After all, there was some talk about making this thing annual, and break has already suggested another meeting later this year. Well, I'm there, and I hope to see some fresh faces next time (and would someone please wake up amsaarel next time ;-)

Kiitos kaikille osallistujille. Ensi kerralla kaikki mukaan!