Ick, ick, ick, ickety ick. This is a bad idea.

Drinking beer while I had the flu resulted in the only time I was hauled away in an ambulance.

It was back in my college days. I had had a pretty bad case of the flu, but I decided to go to the bar with my friends in the weekly night you could get your quart glass refilled for $1.50. I managed two that night. 3.2% beer, mind you.

Later, after going to bed, and getting up in the night to pay the rent on the beer I'd drunk, I fainted dead away right in front of the night depository. Shrugging it off, I got up and got about halfway back to my dorm room and fainted again. I got into the room and yes, away I went.

Not having a roommate at the time, I called down to the desk and asked them to get an ambulance (this was before 911, and my thought processes weren't operating with the greatest of efficiency).

Well, the paramedics came, and did their normal paramedic stuff. While I was standing up, they couldn't find a pulse, so they popped a saline IV in me and hauled me away down to the campus hospital.

By the time I got down there, the IV had done its job and the doctor pronounced me healthy as a horse, but a bit dehydrated. The flu had dehydrated me severely and the alcohol had only dehydrated me more. So he prescribed drinking a lot of Cokes for the next couple of days.