Although there is no excuse for promoting pseudo-scientific ideas today, I find it difficult to condemn ancient and medieval practitioners of pseudosciences such as

Although astrologers, alchemists, and numerologists were on an a priori search for magical properties of the stars, planets, numbers, or what have you, many proceeded with meticulous care, a foreshadowing of the scientific method. Although the theoretical basis to arrive at correct answers did not yet exist, these people made many collateral discoveries which helped start the scientific revolution.

Nicolaus Copernicus, Tycho Brahe, and Johannes Kepler earned their respective livings mostly from casting horoscopes for the nobility of Europe. Although Kepler's construct of nested polyhedra and spheres determining the orbits of the planets as well as the music of the spheres would be considered silly today, it was a valid (heliocentric!) cosmological model that fit with the observations of the day.

The seminal book on mining techniques and metallurgy, De re metallica, was written by Saxon alchemist Georgius Agricola. And the first1 chemical element not known to the ancients, phosphorus, was discovered by another German alchemist, Hennig Brandt, around 1669.

Numerologists such as Pythagoras and Leonardo of Pisa, aka Fibonacci, assigned mystical properties to numbers and mathematical objects. This did not prevent them from making valid mathematical discoveries that we use to this day.

As I said at the beginning, promoting pseudoscience is inexcusable today, but we must be careful what we label "pseudoscience". Some of the techniques of chiropractic and acupuncture2 appear to work, even though they have no sound medical basis. These latter areas are more ad hoc and results-based, and do not deserve condemnation unless their proponents label them as "science".
1This may not be entirely accurate. De re metallica mentions bismuth, although Agricola did not recognize it as an element.
2I will leave it to better-qualified people to explain any true scientific results from the study of chi.