It would seem that it is immoral by nature for Christians, especially Catholics, to take the oath of truth in United States federal court.

The oath which must be taken by those involved in court cases is as follows: "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" The reponse: "I do." The oath is taken with one's left hand in the air and the right hand on a Holy Bible.

However, in Matthew 5:33-36 (New American Bible), Jesus states,

"Again you have heard that it was said to your ancestors, 'Do not take a false oath, but make good to the Lord all that you vow.' But I say to you, do not swear at all; not by heaven, for it is God's throne; nor by the earth, for it is his footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Do not swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black."
This statement by Jesus essentially makes it completely immoral to take the oath.

However, it should be understood by definition and by nature that Catholics, if they are true to their faith, will speak only the truth. After the previous passage, in Matthew 5:37, Jesus instructs his followers to

"Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one."
Therefore, Catholics may not take the oath, but by nature, if they value their eternal souls, they will speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.