I have also heard tigermilk used as the name of a highly nutritious concoction, which tastes utterly horrible until you get used to it, and which is made by throwing together all the healthiest foods you can into a blender and trying to overcome your immense revulsion at its texture.

Specifically, into a liquid base of yoghurt and fruit juice, you add brewer's yeast, powdered milk, fruit (a banana is good, but don't waste anything too precious like raspberries), wheat germ, lecithin, and anything else you think it might take. Experiment and be prepared to throw it all away.

The horrible part is the brewer's yeast, but after a while you can acquire a taste for it; it's a strong taste in the vague area of coffee or even chocolate.

The unreliable nutritionist Adele Davis called it pep-up, and gave fairly exact proportions; but she was also insistent on adding some chemical to get enough magnesium, and the odd spoonful of dilute hydrochloric acid for your tummy, and other such foibles. You would also be drinking this gunk five times a day if you lived under her thumb.

In real life it's infinitely variable: the basic idea is that yoghurt and orange juice in sufficient proportions and to taste will mask surprisingly large quantities of the unpalatable powders you know are very good for you, but which are difficult to take in other forms.