Personally, I like music that's a bit loud, or has lyrics with substance, and strong melodies and choruses. This includes, The Sex Pistols, The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, and Weezer. Fall Out Boy is one of my favorites, I will admit, and they are classified as amazing. While they have substantial lyrics and strong choruses and melodies, (YAY) they also have a very odd fan base.

When Fall Out Boy first started,they were much more underground. But as they grew, obviously, their fan base did as well.But instead of reaching more of their original hardcore/emocore type fans, they reached screaming young girls who go on FOB's MySpace and type 'I Love You' in ascii art. I will admit I am more along the lines of screaming young girl than hardcore/emocore fan.

Fall Out Boy's main following are teenage girls obsessed with the band members more than the band themselves. The band consists of Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Andrew Hurley, and Joseph Trohman. Reading their myspace, you find odd comments, that make you wonder, such as this:

"hey jus dropped by 2 say hi...i am a big fan of the band. but i loooovvvvveee PETE, i think ur so HOTTT.!!! but dont git me wrong i love all of u gUys.if u sent me jus 1 comment it wuld probably help me git better :D luv ya<3 ~~~sHa NaE~~~"

Now that you know about their following, you're probably wondering who they are. These boys, considered with love by some, scorn by others, are far from a standard boy band. Nobody advertised in a trade paper for four boys, nobody did anything like that. These guys are authentic. They can play their instruments, (a bass, two guitars, vocals, drums) and they don't lipsync. Patrick can actually sing and Pete can actually multi-task, i.e play his guitar and back Patrick's vocals at the same time.

Not everyone has to agree with me, and definitely, not everyone does. I think Fall Out Boy are a band to listen to. With two well known albums, Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree, Fall Out Boy is on the rise. Keep yours ears open for their pop- punky, emocore sound and substantial lyrics, as well as their strong melodies and choruses. Maybe you'll like them, maybe you won't, but they might end up as a force to be reckoned with on the music scene in the near future.