Ten-hut!

At ease, men. I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country...Men, the stuff we heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, was a lot of horsedung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids you all love the sting of battle. When you were kids you all admired the champion marble player, the fastest runner, the big league ballplayers, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and do not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a war, for the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. An army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a lot of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for t he Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real battle then they do about a sock full of silt. We have the finest food, equipment, the best spirit and men. I pity those poor bastards we're going against--by God, I do. We won't just shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Many of you boys are wondering whether you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it; I can assure you you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them and spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you stick your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face...you'll know what to do. There's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying: "We are holding our position." We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and are not interested in holding anything, except onto the enemy. We're going to hold on to him by the nose and kick him in the ass. We'll kick the hell out of him all the time. We'll go through them like crap through a goose. There's one thing you men will be able to say when you get home. You may all thank God for it. Thirty years from now, when you are sitting around the fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks what you did in the great Word War II, you won't have to say, "I shoveled shit in Louisiana." All right--now you sonsuvbitiches know how I feel. I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere.

That is all.

Opening Monologue by George C. Scott

A 1970 film starring George C. Scott and directed by Franklin J. Schaffner. The film won the Academy Award for Best Picture.

The movie follows the World War II exploits of General George S. Patton. A controversial figure with strong opinions, Patton lead Allied forces in North Africa against the Desert Fox, Field Marshall Erwin Rommel.

The movie shows Patton's strengths as a strategist and warrior, and his weaknesses as a man. The movie also stars Karl Malden as General Omar Bradley and Michael Bates as Sir Bernard Mongomery.


Source: http//www.imdb.com