Pendulum

Pendulum are an electronic/drum and bass band from Perth, Australia. The group consists of Rob Swire, Gareth McGrillen and Paul Harding. They currently live in the United Kingdom.

Their sound is generally drum and bass with electronic synthesizers. Their music can be pretty trippy, especially if you're pilling. In 2005, they released a remix of Voodoo people with The Prodigy. Their biggest hit so far has been Slam which reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart. Their first album was Hold Your Colour which was one of the biggest selling drum and bass releases of all time. They are currently recording a new album under the Breakbeat Kaos Records label, which will be released in late 2007.

Their songs feature a variety of different instruments and effects. They use synthesizers and electronic sounds along with drums and some spoken word vocals and some distorted vocals. Their music is often played at clubs as the drops in the songs come on a lot stronger when on ecstasy. The band is influenced by Aphex Twin and other techno/dance artists. The songs vary from having a lot of vocals to being totally instrumental, and almost always have a fast tempo with a lot of drums.

Albums

Hold Your Colour
Junglesound vol. 2 (mixed by Pendulum)
Jungle Sound Gold (mixed by Pendulum)

Singles

Vault
Spiral / Ulterior Motive
Back To You / Still Grey
Another Planet / Voyager
Submarines (Pendulum Remix)/ Submarines, DJ Fresh
Bacteria (Pendulum Remix), Ed Rush & Optical
Guns At Dawn, DJ Baron featuring Pendulum
Tarantula / Fasten Your Seatbelt, featuring The Freestylers
Slam / Out Here
Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix), The Prodigy
Hold Your Colour (Bi-Polar Remix) / Streamline
Painkiller / Jump N Twist, Pendulum vs The Freestylers feat. Sir Real
Blood Sugar/Axle Grinder
Distress Signal