A wonderful way to fill the kitchen with the most lovely of aromas

This dish was inspired by a meal at the Woolstore Cafe, but I always thought that there would be a role for some red wine in a mustard sauce, so I started to experiment a bit. In the end I ended up with the following recipe, which received the highest praise from my significant other, which should be enough encouragement to node it.

For 4 hungry noders you will need:

Cut the fillets in small medaillons and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet until smoking and brown the medaillons for ca 3 minutes each side. Remove the medaillons and set aside on a plate. Reduce heat and add garlic to the skillet and let simmer until soft and brown. Add red wine (I use a Corban's white label Merlot ) and scrape off the fond from the bottom of the pan. Now add the mustard and the sour cream and stir until you have a nice and creamy consistency. Add the medaillons (with collected juices) and let simmer for ca 5 minutes (or until the sauce has the right consistency).

Serve the medaillons on potato gratin and a vegetable of your choice: I tend to use fresh leave spinach with a dollop of cream, but YMMV. I served this yesterday with a Shingle Peak 2003 Pinot Noir, but there's nothing wrong with a good beer with dinner. Why not a Emerson's Weissbier? Anything goes if you only like it.

Mahlzeit!