It's easy to fall in love with E2.

From my point of view, there are two main reasons for this:

1. The quality of the content.
You can spend hours trailing the softlinks, following somebody's train of thought and miraculously hopping from one excellent, irreverent or touching node to the other. The diversity of the writings is mindboggling, so boredom is out of the question. Here you will find poetry, prose, sci-fi, facts, fiction, diary entries, drivel. Indeed everything.

2. The quality of the content providers.
I have never been in contact with such a heterogenous group of individuals that nevertheless seem (apart from the usual small percentage of trolls, but in true E2 style our trolls are especially, er, trolly) to gel easily and adhere to a rather abstract and arbitrary set of rules and guidelines with such ease that you think that they have been genetically modified to get along spiffingly with each other. Just like the content, the providers differ wildly in nationality, age, profession, sex, sexuality, political background and ethnicity. Physical, real world (TM) meetings between members of E2 are amazing things: people who have never met each other (and probably would never come across each other if not for E2) bond immediately, happily chatting, partying and (sometimes even bonking) with each other like they've known each other for decades. It's a place for everybody, as everyone can find their niche and contribute.

So, you can either immerse yourself in the writing, in the community or -the best option- both. Everything2 will give you hours of fun, increase your knowledge and provide you with hundreds of best friends you never knew you had.