It's president's day today in the US. One of the big icons being celebrated especially this time around is Abraham Lincoln with his 200th birthday last Thursday.

Four Score and seven years ago...

A lot has changed in 200 years, but one thing a local school district wants all students to remember, is Abraham Lincoln. They had involvement from the army, orchestra, contest winners from Abe-Essays, and even the infamous speech Lincoln gave.

"He's one of our most beloved president's, I think it's the fact that he embodies the American Ideals of democracy, unity, inclusion, charity, and those enduring ideals last, and that's why we're celebrating him," said Geoffry Thomas.

I asked a mother what leadership qualities Abraham Lincoln had that she hoped her son would have too?

Amy Leatham answered, "That maybe you have to go against the popular opinion, you might have to do something very difficult, even at great risk to yourself."

And that's exactly what Lincoln did, saving an almost divided nation, and making it united.

In another school a couple miles away, they made quite the creation.

A snow sculpture of Abraham Lincoln. It took them two days to bucket snow, piling it just right of their front door. They then hired a sculptor to come in and make it look precisely like the Lincoln Memorial in D.C.