I would like to ask the simple question of, I'm sure you've already guessed, why don't men shave? By this I mean their legs and armpits (not everything guys, don't sweat it!).

Now I already know that I'm most likely going to get a couple of negative votes for this one, but being the noder I am, I care more about expressing my opinion, agreed with or not.

The reason I ask this question is because, being a female, I am required to shave for the sake of the male species' pleasure. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to shave as I do derive my own pleasure from the comfort it lends me, but society has imposed the idea that if I were not to shave I would become less appealing to the opposite sex. Men become 'grossed out' at the slightest view of a woman's leg that has gone unshaven, and for this reason I do feel that we, females, are required to shave in order to appear attractive.

Which brings on the main debate of my questioning... if men find hair on a woman's body unattractive, what is to say that we, females, find it just the opposite? Because as a society, I feel, we are taught that hair on a man is 'manly' and denotes the more aggressive side of the male, while at the same time we are taught that females without hair on their bodies are more appealing because it is less animalistic, less 'manly' and more 'womanly'. Why? I would like to meet the man (I'm sure it was a male) who came up with this standard and give his bottom a good wallop. Why should males be any less appealing if shaven? Because it takes away from being 'manly'?

I believe just the opposite...why should we, as females, be expected to shave because it is unappealing, and not males? The hair isn't any different because it's on a different body...it's still there. If hair is so unappealing to men, why don't they shave? Isn't this a contradiction in their thinking? I'm not suggesting women discontinue shaving (as I said before, it's extremely comfortable), but what I am suggesting is that men shave as well. Women don't like hair either! At least trim that underarm hair if you won't shave...the-deodorant-dangling-from-the-hair scene isn't pretty...and I promise it won't make you any less 'manly'.