WHITE HOT BIKE SEX ON BLACK STEEL WHEELS!

So, my proclamations of yesterday that the new tires were an improvement was understatement. They perform more like the high-pressure tires on a road bike, meaning that they bleed off of peak operating pressure pretty quickly. When I checked the pressure this morning, they had dropped down to 85 psi. I got out the pump and jacked them back up to 115psi

What a difference a day makes! At the higher pressure, the bike runs like a roadie, cuts and jumps like a mountain bike. The gain in efficiency was so great, I could keep the bike up in its top two gears, as opposed to 3rd or fourth from the top of the rear cassette. Amazing, old shadowfax runs like a scalded dog now. I must have been doing a solid 25 miles a hour the whole way in! I found myself so elated with the speed, feeling so dialed in that I rode the commute like a time trial, tickling my anaerobic threshold the entire way in, heart rate hammering up in the 130's, legs burning... it was as pure a moment of machine love as I have felt in some time. I made love to the bike making love to the road making love to every car along my way. I bunny hopped the curb, potholes, split the difference between a fat-ass fascist SUV and a garbage truck. It was magnificent.

The rest of the day is an anti-climax after something like that. People were asking me what I was so fucking happy about. I told them that my ride in was white hot bike sex on black steel wheels.