A 2002 movie in the tradition of American Pie and similar movies of late, Slackers provides plenty of scenes that make you question why you spent money to see it, and balance that out with scenes that are so completely sick and wrong that all you can do is laugh.

Peter Travers of Rolling Stone describes the film as "...a shit stain on the genre and on the young careers of writer David H. Steinberg (he scripted American Pie 2) and director Dewey Nicks."

He may being a little hard on the movie…but not too terribly hard.

Three college roommates (Jeff, Dave, and Sam) must pull off one final cheating scam in order to graduate. Jeff steals a copy of the test's blue book, Sam fakes being hit by a truck, and Dave sneaks into the mid-term to copy the test questions. While in the mid-term, Dave notices the beautiful Angela and leaves his name and phone number with her. Unfortunately Angela's stalker, notices Dave’s advances, as well as his cheating.

Ethan then uses his information on their cheating to blackmail the three, forcing them to set him up with Angela.

Slackers is a BAD movie, but it is great for turning off your mind and just laughing- if you can handle that sort of thing.

It also offers a fairly decent cast. Jeff is played Michael C. Maronna by of Nickelodeon’s The Adventures of Pete and Pete and those Ameritrade.com commercials. Ethan is played by Jason Schwartzman, probably best known for his work in Rushmore. Other actors in the movie include Jason Segel (as Sam) from NBC's Freaks and Geeks, James King (as Angela), and Laura Prepon (as Angela's roommate) from That 70's Show.