I never really think about it. For us it's not much of an issue. I'm as white as they come, my girlfriend is Korean. I don't think of her as different at all, in fact she is the most similar to me of any person I have ever found. If i ever anywhere in my head had any glimmer of belief that race might affect thought or behavior it is gone now. She very nearly understands me, and no one else has ever even come close. I dont think about her being Asian, except that i think many Asian girls (especially my girlfriend) are beautiful. Other than that I don't consider it an issue.

We were in Colorado last week and we got a few dirty looks. We even got harassed by the cops. But its impossible to say why, it might be because she has green hair or becuase i was a bit drunk, even though everyone else was drunker. Maybe it was just because i never truly meld into any human environment. But for whatever the reason, there is often an element of separation between us and some people. Even at a wedding with my extended family, some of them were acting strange. I'm probably just being paranoid, I don't know. But as far as i know, no one else has brought home a non-white girl.

I refuse to accept it as an issue. Maybe the reason no one flat out mentions it is because its obvious by how i act and look that if anyone commented unflatteringly about my girlfriend they'd end up on the floor. Or maybe the world is actually better than i give it credit for. I'd like to think so. But whatever the case, we love each other, and it would take a hell of a lot more than just the world to break us apart.