I don't personally smoke marijuana but my friends do and i don't have any problem with it. I wish the gov't would legalize it simply because currently it is grown in national forests where the growers like to destroy natural habitats and shoot at hikers. But anyway, i wanted to add that the government DOES beneifit from making marijuana illegal. Tax money comes from the citizens not the government.. but the government gets to use this drug war crap to give their friends jobs, hoard money, and confiscate marijuana which 'mysteriously disappears'. The politicians and beaurocrats (sp?) who get jobs through the drug war arent the ones paying for it. As far as i'm concerned, it doesnt matter what other people do as long as it doesnt hurt people who dont want to be involved. If people wanna smoke out every day, that should be fine as long as they dont force its consequences on others through second hand smoke, duis, etc. This is why i also say that the government should regulate smoking in public areas (many people are allergic to the smoke, and second hand smoke IS harmful, so its not fair that every restaraunt and store is full of smoke) But.. if people want to smoke in their own homes.. who cares? Its their lungs.. and the world is overpopulated anyway. (brutal logic but hey, its true. if someone wants to live a shorter life which they percieve as better, its their choice to make.) Also, the gov't needs to lower the drinking age. It is silly that people are in college or wherever, on their own, and legally could be drafted, punished as adults, etc.. but they cant (legally) drink a beer.