Oh, do you? Then you're squarely in the minority of consumers.

I mean, it's so trite, isn't it? Person sees a thirty second spot for a new soft drink. Person immediately runs out to buy said product. Person comes home, all caffeinated and whatnot, and bows down before television for introducing them to this new and superior product.

Puhlease.

In reality, it works this way:

Person sees thirty second spot for new soft drink, goes "hmm..." (if the advertisers did their job right) and, more or less, forgets about it. Person sees billboard for new soft drink on their way home from work and (if the advertisers did their job right) goes, "oh. That." Lather, rinse, repeat. Person sees a coworker (who's one step ahead of them in the soft drink advertising scheme; that's why early adopters are so crucial) drinking new soft drink, asks how it is, and decides to try it the next day at lunch. Person tries new soft drink and, if the manufacturer is really lucky, likes it well enough to get one every once in awhile with their cheeseburger.

Advertising has almost nothing to do with people consuming a product; it really doesn't have anything to do with people liking it, either. Advertising is about telling people that about a product and enticing them to try it, just once. People don't chose their soft drink because of commercials, they know their soft drink exists because of commercials.