Addendum:

  1. In 1992 Jose Canseco was convicted of assault for intentionally crashing his car into the car of his first wife (community service).
  2. In 1997 he was convicted of beating his wife (counseling).
  3. Jose Canseco was the first pro athlete to get on Madonna (though Charles Barkley was waiting in the wings).
  4. He has an identical twin brother named Ozzie, who was drafted as a pitcher but found his calling as an inconsistent, minor-league slugger--so inconsistent that his career ranges from his outright release from a Korean league one year to an Atlantic League record 48 homeruns the next, only to fall apart again the next season.
  5. Jose and his brother were each jailed in November 2001 for beating up a couple of guys in a night club. They claim they did it in defence of a young lady. The brothers were sentenced to community service and fines for their roles in the brawl.
  6. In 2005, Jose released a book entitled "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits, and How Baseball Got Big," which detailed quite a lot about steroid use in baseball. He not only outed himself as a steroid user, but also claimed to have personally injected dozens of other major leaguers. How much of it is truth and how much is fiction is still undecided.