I wrote a paper on the Black Death, a subject that I find perhaps a little too interesting to not be labelled morbid. It's pretty long, but I have been assured that it's worth it. It's also extensively researched. I will put my bibliography here too.

Here are the 12 parts, labelled so that if you are looking for something specific-- for instance, effects of the Black Death on a certain area-- then it will be easy to find.

The Black Death Part 1: An Introduction

The Black Death Part 2: A Little Background

The Black Death Part 3: A Description of the Disease

The Black Death Part 4: The Path of the Disease

The Black Death Part 5: Italy

The Black Death Part 6: France and the British Isles

The Black Death Part 7: The Rest of Europe

The Black Death Part 8: The Contemporary Response to the Plague

The Black Death Part 9: Medicine in the 14th Century

The Black Death Part 10: Religion

The Black Death Part 11: The Aftermath

The Black Death Part 12: The Conclusion

Bibliography of Works Cited and Consulted

Barber, Richard. The Penguin Guide to Medieval Europe. Great Britain: Penguin Books, 1987.

Bishop, Morris. The Middle Ages. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1968.

"Black Death." Dictionary of the Middle Ages: Volume II. 1983 ed.

Boissonnade, P. The History of Civilization: Life and Work In Medieval Europe. New York: Dorset Press, 1987.

The Cambridge Illustrated History of the Middle Ages: Volume II. Ed. by Robert Fossier. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1986. Pages 52-56.

"Dance of Death." Britannica Online. February 8, 2001. Encyclopedia Britannica. February 18, 2001.

Eamon, William. "Plagues, Healers, and Patients in Early Modern Europe." Renaissance Quarterly Summer 1999: 474-486.

Gottfried, Robert S. The Black Death. New York: The Free Press, 1983.

Manchester, William. A World Lit Only By Fire. Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1992.

"Plague." Oxford English Dictionary: Volume XI. 1989 ed.

"Plague and Economics." The Economist. December 31, 1999: 23-25.

Saul, Nigel. "Britain 1400." History Today July 2000: 38-43.

Tuchman, Barbara W. A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1978.

Wark, Lori Anne. The Black Death. 1998. .

Willis, Connie. Doomsday Book. New York: Bantam Books, 1992.

Ziegler, Philip. The Black Death. London: The Folio Society, 1997.