American horror movie, released in 1988. It was written and directed by Anthony Hickox. It starred Zach Galligan as Mark Loftmore, Deborah Foreman as Sarah Brightman, Michelle Johnson as China, Dana Ashbrook as Tony, Miles O'Keeffe as Count Dracula, Charles McCaughan as Inspector Roberts, J. Kenneth Campbell as the Marquis de Sade, John Rhys-Davies as the werewolf, Patrick Macnee as Sir Wilfred, David Warner as Mr. Lincoln, Jennifer Bassey as Mrs. Loftmore, and Joe Baker as Jenkins.

Basic plot: Mark and his friends get free tickets to this creepy new wax museum in town, but they soon discover that when they step over the ropes and into the staged tableaus of the Chamber of Horrors, they somehow find themselves transported back in time, where they are menaced by the evil people and creatures depicted in the wax statues. And if they are killed while inside the wax exhibits, they end up trapped in wax forever. Can Mark and his friends get out of the wax museum alive? And even if they do, can they prevent a plot to use the wax museum to bring about the End of the World?

Okay, let's be honest -- this is a B-movie. The acting is capable and sometimes even rises above that. Lots of scenery gets entertainingly chewed; when you've got David Warner, John Rhys-Davies, and Patrick Macnee in the same movie -- well, there's enough ham onscreen to qualify as a "Pork: The Other White Meat" commercial. And poor Zach Galligan -- when you see him in this movie, wearing his badboy shades and smoking cigarettes, you wanna pinch his widdle cheeks and go, "Aww, look at the cute kid from 'Gremlins' pretending he's all grown up!" And at the end, when all the wax figures finally come to life (Oh, it's no spoiler -- the wax statues always come to life in these movies)... well, it's probably the single best scene in the movie, where they go ahead and give some love to all the fans who love good monster-mash movies. (You know you're watching a movie with a monster-mash fan when they rewind and rewatch this scene over and over, moaning ecstatically about "alllll thooooose mooooonnnssstterrrrrssss..." But enough about my love life...)

Worst part of this movie: I've seen a lot of werewolf movies -- no, wait, I've seen a LOT of werewolf movies -- and with the possible exception of "Teen Wolf", this movie has the worst, most embarrassing, most unintentionally-hilarious werewolf makeup in the history of the universe.

This was followed a few years later by a sequel, called "Waxwork II: Lost in Time".

Some research from the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com)