The Edgewood Military Arsenal in Maryland has a rather notorious history. From 1955 to 1975, the U.S. Army used 7,000 enlisted soldiers as human guinea pigs for experiments involving a wide array of biological and chemical warfare agents. Conducted by the jointly by the U.S. Army Intelligence Board and the Chemical Warfare Laboratories at arsenal's research facility.

Many of the soldiers were completely unaware of the horrible effects that these drugs and chemical agents would have on them, despite signing consent papers. Victims of these gruesome experiements were not limited to humans, primates were also used as test subjects.

Test subjects were subjected to high doses of PCP, LSD, BZ and other mind-altering psychochemicals. Others were forced to wear test suits and subjected to "chemical showers" to see their endurance, and some were just given toxic air to breath. Remember, all of these people "volunteered."

It is apparent that during the Cold War, the United States Military cared more about "beating the damn Soviets" than the welfare of their own citizens. However, dispite the ending of the Cold War, it is still highly possible that these tests are still being conducted since they are shrouded in such secrecy.