In-N-Out Burger was founded in 1948 in Baldwin Park, California by Harry and Esther Snyder as the first drive-thru hamburger stand. In-N-Out is a family owned company that has locations in 3 states (California, Arizona, Nevada) and is one of the favorite hangouts for Southern Californians.

Interestingly, In-N-Out was slow to start as a chain and didn't expand much under Harry Snyder. However, following his death in 1976 his son Rich became CEO at 24, and expanded the chain from 18 stores to 93 at the time of his death in 1993. It was also during this time that Rich, working with his brother Guy, started what many people can see driving on Interstate 10, the In-N-Out University where managers are trained. Located in the same area is In-N-Out's headquarters where a commisary was built to help the company keep direct control of all stores. The company also sells merchandise with 2 stores (Baldwin Park and Las Vegas, Nevada), as well as online and mail order possible. One can pick up catalogs at any restaurant.

Jack In the Box says, "We don't make it until you order it," I suppose In-N-Out takes that literally. They proudly admit that they always use fresh meat, and one can see employees peeling and slicing potatoes for french fries. It's a little bit of a wait, and you have to take a number when you order, but it's quite good I assure you (Although if you order a shake, expect to be quite thick). They also cater to special events, often at my brother's school's open house, they'll have one of their cookout trailers there selling food.

The company has also come under fire, although nothing major has apparently occured, for putting passages from the Holy Bible in the crimp on the bottom of their cups. This offends quite a bit of people. Although I personally dislike religion displayed anywhere but at a place of worship or on something personal, it is a private company and they have the right to do what they want. Besides, it hasn't slowed down business, who has time to look under their cup to see what verse they got for lunch?




Menu

Shakes
Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla

Burgers
Double Double, Hamburger, Cheeseburger

And of course..fries and soda.


Store Hours
Sunday through Thursday 10:30 a.m.-1:00 a.m.
Friday and Saturday 10:30 a.m.-1:30 a.m.