Lost Gems of Yesteryear, lost in the great ocean of nodes...

Three pieces we’d have you remember.

Three out of thousands. How shall I choose them?


Over my time at e2, I have become a fan of many great writers. One of the best of the best is a lady named Prole. Her work is so intriguing, so interesting, so carefully-crafted. One writeup I particularly enjoy is entitled:

You are Reading This

Go and read it, and while you are reading it ... you, um, will be ... you know, reading it. So, yeah. Like that. Um ... trippy!


Aren't families fun? Mine has schizophrenia, alcoholism, allegations of theft (like, inheretance and college trust fund theft), assault, favouritism and so much more. Oh yeah, and fundamentalism ... lots of fundamentalism, Southern Baptist style. Few people can do fundamentalism like Southern Baptists. It’s disturbing how something that is supposed to unite us all really serves to divide us and make people more distant.

I finally chose AudieMcCall’s brilliant and deeply personal piece:

Questions I would ask my born-again sister, if we were still talking

This piece moved me a lot when I first read it. It spoke so directly to a place in my life that brings me such profound sadness that I finally had to read it as the first podcast I ever participated in.


Cow Of Doom makes me laugh aloud. I'm sorry he left here, feeling that E2 had outgrown him (or vice-versa, perhaps). There is always room for someone as brilliantly insightful and funny as he is. To that end:

When life gives you lemons, grab it by the throat and demand better

I loved this one enough to print it out for my Platonic Life Partner and it proudly hangs on her wall. Her favourite philosopher is Denis Leary, after all.


Lost Gems of Yesteryear, buried in a beach full of treasures.

Vote em up, ching em, do anything you can ... they are wonderful.