The second trade paperback compilation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. Originally published in 1989 and 1990 as The Sandman #9-16, The Doll's House contains the following stories:
  • Prologue: Tales in the Sand - wherein Nada and the Dream King Kai'Ckul fall in love, and Morpheus learns the dangers of interacting with mortals.
  • The Doll's House - wherein Rose Walker has a strange dream and meets The Kindly Ones, and we meet Desire and Despair of the Endless. Rose asks innocently, "What's The Corinthian?"
  • Moving In - Rose moves into the Doll's House while searching for her lost brother Jed, and meets many strange housemates. Jed remains trapped in a dream. Gilbert shows his chivalry, and Morpheus gets angry.
  • Playing House - wherein Morpheus acts on his rage. Jed is freed, runs away, and is captured by an unlikely assailant. Rose and Gilbert close in.
  • Men of Good Fortune - we meet Robert Gadling, who makes a jest that Dream and Death find amusing. He is permitted to stay alive as long as he wishes, and makes a date to meet up with Dream every hundred years.
  • The Collectors - wherein we become better acquainted with The Corinthian. Rose and Gilbert stay at a hotel with a strange convention; The guest speaker is to die for.
  • Into the Night - Rose has another strange dream with far-reaching consequences. Jed comes home. Gilbert gets a call from his boss and leaves unexpectedly.
  • Lost hearts - Rose meets Morpheus. A debt is collected from Rose's grandmother, and a plot is uncovered. Dream warns Desire not to interfere with his affairs.
Story: Neil Gaiman
Covers and Design: Dave McKean
Art: Mike Dringenberg, Malcom Jones III, Chris Bachalo, Michael Zulli, and Steve Parkhouse
Lettering: Todd Klein