The philosophy and economics of dealing with global problems on a global scale.

Globalist economic policy is based on Keynsian Economics, which can only function in a closed system due to the following conditions.

  1. The necessity for high direct taxation in order to carry essential projects is longstanding in the closed global system because of the immense amount of essential public works that must be carried out on the world scale. Merely feeding the world's population is likely to require vast intitial investment, with little economic return from the poorest areas which would obviously be those requiring the most diversion of resources.

    Therefore, the temptation of governments to indulge in public investment even during times of economic growth for vote-gathering purposes is a) deferred until economic growth becomes inclusive rather than local, and b) actually funnelled into necessary investment.

  2. Outside influences cannot occur when there is no outside. Also, it is impossible to hide resources offshore in this scenario - tax dodging would become unfeasible very quickly.

Given a basic set of globally implemented services, such as unified distributed public transport, free health care at the point of requirement, free education at the point of requirement and the ability to thoroughly audit the accounts of any individual or organization on demand - keep the politicians honest - devolved regional government would allow people to be governed (or to govern themselves)in any way they wish, local taxation and policing taking being just two of the ares that could and should remain decided at the local level.

Globalism may seem a bit of a pipe-dream right now but as communications grow ever more advanced, it is likely to become an evermore prevailing ideology in the 21st century.


A Nodeshell Rescue that I actually wanted to write! Woohoo!