One notable omission form the list of saints is Saint Kyriaki of the Greek Orthodox Church. Kyriaki is often "anglicised" to Kirian. Her name day is July 7, and was canonized for martyrdom.

Saint Kyriaki was the daughter of devout Christian parents, Dorotheus and Eusebia. She was given her name because she was born on Sunday, the Day of the Lord (in Greek, Kyriaki) around 300AD.

At the age of 21 Kyriaki willingly gave up her life for her faith. The parents of Martyr Kyriaki actively spread the Gospel of Christ throughout Asia Minor, and were thrown into prison for their missionary efforts. Kyriaki, who originally wanted to be a nun, carried on the work of her parents. She, too, was arrested and imprisoned in Nicomedia.

While in Nicomedia, Kyriaki caught the attention of the Emperor Maximilian. Thinking that a young girl could easily be persuaded to abandon her beliefs, Maximilian attempted to convert her to paganism. When he could not verbally shake the faith of Kyriaki, Maximillian resorted to cruel physical torture. She still would not forsake her calling.

During her imprisonment, the Lord enabled Kyriaki to foil the plans of her captors. When Kyriaki was taken to a temple and forced to pray to the pagan gods, she offered prayers to her God, who sent an earthquake and destroyed the temple.

Finally, in desperation, Kyriaki was sentenced to be put to death by beheading. One final mistake was made by her captors, allowing her to repent and give up her Christian ways by praying to the pagan gods. However, Kyriaki used this time to make her prayer to Christ and gave up her holy soul in peace. The Lord answered her final plea: she died an instant before the executioner's ax fell upon her!


Religious readings

Apolytikion:

Fourth Tone

O Lord Jesus, unto Thee Thy lamb doth cry with a great voice: O my Bridegroom, Thee I love; and seeking Thee, I now contest, and with Thy baptism am crucified and buried. I suffer for Thy sake, that I may reign with Thee; for Thy sake I die, that I may live in Thee: accept me offered out of longing to Thee as a spotless sacrifice. Lord, save our souls through her intercessions, since Thou art great in mercy.

Kontakion:

Second Tone

The Martyr of Christ hath called us all together now to praise and acclaim her wrestlings and her godly feats; for possessed of manliness of mind, she hath proved to be worthy of her name, being lady and mistress of her mind and the passions of unseemliness.


Sources:

http://www.goarch.org/en/Chapel/saints.asp?contentid=113
http://www.saintnicholas.org/gl-july-07-2002.htm