The invisible and attack-less scout available to the Undead in the 2002 hit game, Warcraft III

Physical Description: An invisible creature, a Shade can be "seen" to be a blackened, skeletal torso, arms and skull, with glowing white eyes and surrounded by black, wispy vapours

Requirements: Built at: Sacrificial Pit, requires: Halls of the Dead, allows: invisibility detection.

Spells and Abilities: The Shade cannot be upgraded. Once created, it's passing in to true Undeath makes it a valuable scout and detector. It detects invisible units/items, and is invisible itself, but lacks an attack.

Gameplay: Despite it's apparent uselessness, the Shade is one of the most useful TOOLS for the Scourge. Rush to create the Sacrficial Pit, rally your Halls of the Dead to the Pit, then set the rally point of the Pit to where you think the enemy is. Once you find their Hero, set the Shade to follow them. Unless they break targetting (mirror image, Town portal scroll) they Shade will follow endlessly. The Shade is also useful to tag along with your Hero, allowing detection of invisible units (like windwalking Blademasters) and also providing a handy target for sacrificing - the Lich dark ritual for mana, or the Death Knight Death Pact for HP. Remember though: SCOUTING IS KNOWLEDGE - Knowledge is an advantage, an advantage wins games.



Warcraft III Undead Guide

<<< Meat wagon -- Shade -- Abomination >>>



Information gleaned from:
  • My own lovingly played copy of Warcraft III
  • www.battle.net/war3
  • www.warcraftiii.net
Copyright information is the property of their respective owners.