When I wrote my first daylog, I think I mentioned that I wouldn't start the practice of writing daylogs. Well, I lied. I've written a bunch now, and discovered that they're fun! Please /msg me if you think I'm boring and should shut up. Seriously. I need to be told that sometimes.

Today I was a guinea pig in a Psychology experiment here at school. I got a call yesterday evening from a nice girl in the Psych Dept. who asked if I wanted to continue helping with experiments. I had only done one last semester, and it was kind of neat, so I said "sure!" So then she asked me if I had a history of epilepsy, to which I said "no," and then she asked if I ever went into convulsions while watching Pokemon, to which I said "Pokewhat?!?" No, I'm kidding...

I arrived at 11am, and told the experiment would last 45 minutes to an hour, and I'd get paid six bucks. Decent. I had to sit at a computer, and look at groups of letter flashing at me. Each time, one of the letters would change, and I had to hit the space-bar to stop the flashing, and identify the changing letter. This took about a second each time, and lasted about 40 minutes until I was finished. Note - the letters were white on black background. So currently, my eyes hurt like a bitch, but I've got six bucks to buy lunch with, so I'm not complaining.

Also today, bought a bunch of textbooks from the school bookstore. Here's how it totalled up, and I still have 4 more to buy I think (these were just the cheap ones I could afford right now):

Philosophy 243 Course Notes ........................................ $21.35
Catholicism at the Dawn of the 3rd Millennium ........... $30.95
St. Augustine's Confessions ........................................... $12.99
Ondaatje's In The Skin of a Lion ..................................... $18.95
Woolf's To The Lighthouse .............................................. $ 3.95
Behn's Oroonoko ............................................................... $11.99
Contemporary Political Issues ........................................ $40.95
Judgement in Managerial Decision Making ................. $47.95
GRAND TOTAL (with tax)................................................ $202.32

Hmm... that six bucks doesn't seem so great anymore for some reason.