Even though I've been out in the workforce for almost 2 years, I've still retained the student habit of saving all my spare change in a jar.

However, since I'm now actually earning money, that jar has filled rather quickly. As a result, I've got about $200 worth of 5 and 10 cent pieces. Utterly, utterly worthless to me. I took them to the bank to cash in, only to be told 'We don't accept coins in bulk.'

A bank that doesn't accept coins? That's...that's...insane! I went to a different one. Same story. In fact, every bank close to where I live or work simply will not take $200 worth of small change. The bastards.

So, what was I going to do with all this coinage?

Simple: Take it work, and spend about half an hour a day converting it into a more concentrated form. By loading a vending machine down with rounded-dollar amounts and pressing 'Coin Return', I get back shiny $1 and $2 coins. So much more practical! So much more portable!

Of course, now it's going to take me about 4 weeks to shed myself of this load of coins. And by that time, I'll probably have gotten a reputation for being the biggest junk-food addict in the building.

But hey.. it's worth it when someone gets all of their change in 5 cent pieces.