Hey, I understand! I'm with you!

My mother also moved to America when she was in her 20's. Personally, I think it might have been better for her to stay in Korea. My dad never finished high school. It was because he started college early, and he currently has a Ph.D. in Mathmatics. My dad's also racist. He talked about how Jew's are mean, Germans work hard, Arabians like to lie and cheat and talk their way through everything. Asians are beautiful but they cheat too. Mexicans are taking over. Blacks are ..... It goes on and on. He says I don't see it because I'm multi-raced. (as I see it, I'm pretty much just a mutt)

I continuously get caught in the middle of the whole white/asian thing. When I was in high school, I didn't fit in with the asian crowd and their rice burners. When I lived with my caucasion dad in Kansas, I definately got some wierd looks from people where 80% of the class is White, and the rest are Black.

My parents weren't able to keep their marrage together. They divorced when I was 6 years old. I spend the next 12 years going back and forth from California to Kansas and back again. I went to school in California, spent my vacations in Kansas. By the time I got back from vacation, school was starting again, and all my friends talked about the great times they had without me.

My mother and I never got along. She was raised in a completely different culture than I was, and she couldn't understand why I would ever want to leave the house to go to a high school football game on a Friday night. We got in arguements daily over how many hours I should be sitting down doing homework, that I should only be wanting to go out with friends for 1 or 2 weekends a month, I should only be friends with her friend's children... In 10th grade, I finally got kicked out from my mother's house. That witch decided to do it the day of Winter Formal. On the Friday of the dance, she came to school and got some school administrators to pull me off the dance floor and she took me home. I've never been more angre then I was on that night, because I knew I was gone. Less than 36 hours, I was on an airplane to live with my dad in Kansas.

I had always been in Kansas during summer or winter vacation. I had never gone to school there and so I had no friends. I normally just played Zelda on the SNES or Diablo or whatever more-addicting-than-crack game was out. During tenth grade I spent my time playing StarCraft, gaining about 30 pounts, and contemplating suicide.

That summer, I "borrowed" my dad's credit card and got an airplane ticketback to California.

I realize that I was pretty stupid back then, and I could have been charged with a felony for doing idiotic things like that, but I'm glad I did it. When I look back, I think, "Why didn't I just leave my mother earlier?". And BTW, tofu with Pizza is a good idea, but I always liked my Panda Hut one better.

Now I'm going to community college, majoring in computer engineering, and I'm hopefully transfering to UCSB in a year and a half, and I've managed to put together an okay computer system using mostly hand-me-down parts. I'm planning on taking CompTia's A+ certification test soon so I can get my foot in the door and start some kind of computer career. Life right now isn't looking that bad, and I'm hoping it'll get better as time goes on.