I think day logs for me will be a rarity as most of my days are void of anything exciting right now! I'm working on this though and hope to offer much in the future.

Today, I was supposed to take my mum out to this demolition thing on the housing estate where I work. They were knocking down four tower blocks which are no longer fit for folk to reside in. (This is a case for many, many tower blocks in the UK now - poor 1960s architecture, but for another write up)

We would do the mother/daughter thing and mum would get to meet my colleagues. We set off in my car and arrived shortly after 12pm. I rang my friend to see where she was standing for the 'big' event. The conversation went thus:

Me: "I'm here, where are you?"
Donna: "In the car on my way home. Why?"
Me: "Have they done it?!"
Donna: "Don't tell me you've only just arrived and you missed it?!!"
Me & Donna - fits of giggles.

We were 9 minutes late. It's been on the tv, which was probably the best view for it. Mum and I sought solace in the fact that it was raining anyway and being wet doesn't suit us. Instead we went shopping.

Purchases: Thank You For Having Me - a book by Maureen Lipman. I need a cheer and feel this will do it.
Buena Vista Social Club cd. Just because I felt I was missing out by not having it. It's excellent.
Frank Sinatra 'best of' cd. Having watched the Top Ten Easy Listening crooners on Channel 4 last night, I remembered how much I like him. It's also admitting that I shouldn't be embarrassed about the music I like. It's my choice, fuck what anyone thinks!

Today has been a good day so far, I hope it stays like that. :)