In the DCU, Oliver Queen was the World's Greatest Archer. Born the only child of a wealthy family, Queen grew up spoiled brat with a terrible attitude. While on a cruise he fell overboard in a drunken stupor and was stranded on an island. It was then that he started archery to hunt and survive. Turns out he was a natural. After building a raft to take him to another island, he happened upon a group of criminals harvesting a marijuana crop. Using his archery skills to stop them, he found a new purpose in life and adopted the heroic identity of Green Arrow. He eventually became disenchanted with the idle rich (of whom he was once a member). His desire to emulate Batman caused him to acquire an Arrowcar, Arrowplane, Arrowcave and a teen sidekick, Speedy. He also spent time as a member of the JLA He and Green Lantern Hal Jordan travelled the country as Hard Travelling Heroes. A romance with Black Canary ended when she realized he would not settle down. He meet a son he didn't know he had, Connor Hawke, who took on the mantle of Green Arrow when Queen was apparently killed stopping a group of Eco-Terrorists. A recent 'communication' from the future (see DC One Million) convinced Connor that Queen is still alive. Connor has since abandoned the Green Arrow identity. The most logical heir to the title, Arsenal, has stated that he does not wish to take it up.

Update(3/7/2001): He's baaack!! As of a week or so ago, Oliver Queen has returned. I haven't read the issue yet, but I'll be sure to make the appropriate modifications as soon as I do.