A secret group of top-level government leaders, military officials, and scientists who supposedly coordinate the U.S. government's program to conceal the existence of UFOs and Alien beings. MJ-12(As they are known to UFOlogists) first emerged in UFO lore in the late 1980s when a noted reasercher recieved an anonymous delivery of what appeared to be secret government documents. The documents appeared to be a memorandom dating from 1947, establishing a secret committe to deal with the retrieval of crashed flying saucers near Roswell, New Mexico. The memos included dispatches from Harry Truman himself, and the MJ-12 group was alleged to have included such top military and scientific minds as Admiral Roscoe Hillenkeotter, Secretary of Defense James Forrestal (who would die by suicide shortly thereafter), and Dr. Vanner Bush. If the documents are taken at face value they tell a stunning tale. Upon the recovery of crashed saucers and extraterrestrial corpses, Truman's MJ-12 committe established a policy of total secrecy, while embarking on an effort to conduct a scientific investigations into alien beings. The committe also establishes guidelines for future protocols, creating and elite Air Force unit to pounce on any new crashed UFOs, and also establishing the rules by which retiring committe members will be replaced. The MJ-12 documents have been subjected to intense scrutiny by reasearchers within the field, and while some high-profile personalities (like wealthy Silicon Valley buisnessman Joe Firmage) are conviced of their authenticity, several researchers have offered evidence of a hoax (including inaccuracies in military-style date reporting). In either case MJ-12 files make for good reading.