The R-Zone was a series of portable videogame cartridge systems developed by Tiger Electronics from 1995 to 1997.

The cartridges, which were about 2/3 the size of a Game Boy or Game Boy Color cart, each had a tiny LCD screen which was projected onto larger sources of viewing described below. When activated, it would display red one-color graphics of low resolution, much like those you would find on their single game handheld units. The sound effects were also very much like those handheld units, with very simplistic beeps being the only source of music and sound. Unlike the handheld units, however, low quality digital sound bites could be played, and were used in some games such as NASCAR Racing.

Three versions of the R-Zone were created. The first, the R-Zone Headgear, was worn around the head (obviously) and projected the games' visuals onto a polycarbonate eyepiece. Apparently Tiger pushed this as Virtual Reality software, which is just laughable. The controller, which was permanently attached to the headgear, had a directional pad with eight directions, and four action buttons. There were six smaller buttons used to power the R-Zone on/off, start the game, etc., much like the single game handheld LCD units mentioned earlier. All three systems used the same controller layout.

The second version, the R-Zone Superscreen, was released in 1996 and was presumably designed for tabletop gameplay, as it was much larger than a Game Boy. It displayed the graphics on a huge backlit magnifying screen. It had support for colored overlay backgrounds, a feature which was exclusive to the Superscreen. Finally, the R-Zone XPG (Xtreme Pocket Game), which was released in 1997, was about the size of a Game Boy Advance, and simply used a small fold-out mirror to display the game's backlit visuals.

Twenty seven games were released for the R-Zone units, including Batman Forever, Battle Arena Toshinden, Mortal Kombat 3, NASCAR Racing, three Star Wars games, Panzer Dragoon, and Virtua Fighter.

For obvious reasons, the R-Zone was very unsuccessful, much like the Game.com which followed it.