My last daily post was August 27, 2001. After this, a lot has changed in my life, but I realized after reading some of my newest nodes, I haven't shared it.

After my return from Tennessee on the 27th of August, my life has been good. My relationship with my best friend was not ruined on that trip, was I was afraid it would be. I had given it 50/50 odds, and we beat the odds together. Despite all the problems in our relationship, we decided that with enough time and effort we could fix those problems. I'm over my crush on another girl which I apparently had in preparation for loosing this relationship. On the relationship front, my life has returned to the same stable state it has been in for 4 and a half years.

On September 15, 2001, I moved out of my home of 19 years. A co-worker and friend of mine has moved in with me to an apartment in downtown Calgary. We are a wonderful two blocks away from work. I'll tell you, it's great to wake up in the morning at 5:00 and be at work by 5:45, after taking time to get on the computer and check my e-mail and get updated after a night of sleep. It's common now for me to work 9 or 10 hour days, even when I don't have to. I love my job.

Work has been pretty busy. Still pounding away at the same project I have been since June, but not 100% of the time. I work on a lot of smaller projects often. Everything at work is great. November 13, 2001, I was given a raise. A 33% raise. Yay! My co-worker/friend/lacky was given a great 14% raise, but wow, am I ever excited about a 33% raise.

Our new apartment is great. We have a nice ADSL line, running at 7 Mbps. We have furniture, a TV, a VCR, a PS2.. with both of our raises, we can afford cable now. *grin*