Were a star quenched on high,
For ages would its light,
Still travelling downward from the sky,
Shine on our mortal sight.

So when a great man dies,
For years beyond our ken,
The light he leaves behind him lies
Upon the paths of men.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Pisces

Anytime you start thinking about, or writing about, Pisces, you've enter into the land of the fey. The Fish are ethereal, eternal and as difficult to pin down as spider webs. This is one reason why Mercury is in it's detriment in Pisces. While Mercury does well with abstract thought processes, in Pisces it's just too emotional for the neutral, balanced functions of Mercury. Because Mercury is in it's detriment here, natives with Mercury in Pisces often have a problem communicating. They exsist in an almost alternate reality and explaining themselves can be very difficult. Have patience and listen closely. If they trust you, they'll take you into their beautiful inner world of imagination.

Pisces tend towards the psychic and intuitive thought processes. They absorb rather than study, whether it's in a formalized school setting or just sitting in a cafe watching the world go by. Mercury rules the dual sign of Gemini and deals well with duality when there. Pisces is also a dual sign, but it is contradictory in nature, unlike Gemini. Libra, though not a dual sign, can see both sides of an equation and often has a hard time coming to a decision. In Pisces this trait is exaggerated. Librans seek to please, Pisceans seek to understand.

People with Mercury in Pisces are usually best suited to the arts - music, dance, painting, acting and writing. They can do quite well in finance, math and sciences provided they are dealing with abstract ideas. Of course, for every rule there are exceptions. In general, forcing these people into structured routines just confuses and upsets them. These people do not do well with concrete problem solving. They can dream beautiful dreams of a utopian world, but they cannot cope trying to create it.

Mercury in Aquarius || Mercury in Aries