aka Coop. Modern graphic artist known for his paintings, posters, stickers, etc. of voluptuous devil babes and nuns, movie monsters, Satan, and hot rods. Has designed posters and album covers for The Church of Satan, Lords of Acid, NOFX, The Ramones, Bad Religion, Ween, Nirvana, Ministry, Southern Culture on the Skids, and many others.

Chris Cooper was born in 1970 in the town of Bixby, Oklahoma. He cites Robert Crumb, Robert Williams, and Mad Magazine as some of his early influences. Coop moved to California in the early 90s, and was "found" by Frank Kozik, an acomplished rock poster artist. Early along in his professional career, Coop was commissioned by Anton Szandor LaVey to design a recruitment poster for the Church of Satan. "His tacit approval made me feel like I was on the right track," says Coop of his experience with the "Prince of Darkness."

Coop titles himself an "aesthetic fascist."

"The function of my art is that I have a very definite idea of how I think the world should look – automobiles, buildings, women’s hairstyles, shoes (especially shoes) – what would make me happy and the world appear beautiful to me...After all, if I can inspire more women to walk around in tight-fitting skirts, with cleavages spilling out of low-cut tops, I think I’ve succeeded in the best manner possible."

Biographical info and quotes cribbed from Bizarre Magazine. http://bizarremag.com/lives/coop.html